Monday, August 18, 2008

Four Peas in a Pod

I snapped this photo of Max, Henry, Amelia, and Isaac right before we set off on a walk to the park. It looks like an advertisement for the Phil & Ted stroller! What can I say? Susannah and I both think this stroller is the best double around and we also love the bright colors. Let's just say that when we crossed the street, traffic stopped for us with no problem!

Prior to our trip to the park, I got to spend an hour alone together with all four children when Susannah took her car to the shop. Wow. I have new respect for daycare workers and mothers of multiples! I found that I could handle the two-year-olds and one baby with little trouble (or at least no more than your average amount of trouble. I did find Max and Amelia in the closet "washing" their hands with copious amounts of Purell), but when you add that second baby to the mix, things get dicey. What do you do when both babies are crying at once? Well, apparently you try to hold them both and bounce them looking at each other in the hope that they'll find each other so stimulating that they'll forget their crankiness. It sort of worked. At least for a short time. In any case, I managed to keep all four kids alive and relatively happy until Susannah returned, so I guess that's a victory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great stroller pic! You guys should submit it to Phil & Ted and see if you can get any free goodies ;)

Rhona said...

Nicolle you are so smart!

Sue,I love the comment about the Purell. As I have said these all make me smile.