Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blessed "Circle of Neglect"



Henry is loving the exersaucer these days, but not as much as I am loving it! A friend of mine refers to this particular device as the "circle of neglect." Was ever a more appropriate description coined? I can deposit Henry in this thing and for a few blessed moments, I can, for example, make a cup of coffee, go to the bathroom, answer the phone, sit in a chair and stare at the wall (at least until Max leaps on top of me or takes to bludgeoning his brother with mallet. Yes. Both of these things have happened). Henry is a good baby and I am EXTREMELY grateful for that, but he's still a baby and that means he can do absolutely nothing by himself. He can't sit. He can't reach a toy once it has fallen out of his hand. He certainly can't stand up and move around. The exersaucer allows him, for a few moments, to taste the delicious freedom that will be his in a few more months. And it also allows me, for a few moments, to taste the freedom of not having a little creature permanently attached to my hip. Ahhhhhhh......

1 comment:

Rhona said...

Okay, I have laughed my butt off reading a few of these blogs but the last two made me sad. Sad for you that Bridgett and Johnny will be leaving and sad that babyhood is such a fleeting time. Soon you will wonder, as I do, where the time went. Henry will be running after Max and Max and Henry will make mamma crazy.
Thanks for these wonderful insights into your daily life. They mean everything to me.