Friday, August 8, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things


I feel like maybe I've been giving Max a bad rap these past few weeks. Yes, he is a crazy man, but he does have many redeeming features. Really! Here are ten of my favorite things:

1.) When he sings Twinkle, Twinkle, he says, "Like diamond in sky" and sounds like a Russian.
2.) Yesterday he told me the cat's name is "Fang Gerber"
3.) When I told him that I had a mosquito bite, he leaned over and kissed it "to make it better"
4.) He told me today that he loves reading books. Ah, words to warm an English teacher's heart!
5.) When he talks about Scott going to work he says, "Daddy work hard in office upstairs. Daddy miss Max sooooo much." That will melt your heart.
6.) Max loves to help--sweeping, vacuuming, cooking, washing Henry in the tub, whatever
7.) When Max gets up from a nap or in the morning, he puts Bunnykins on his pillow and pulls the covers up to tuck him in.
8.) Max likes to pretend that he is sleeping, complete with loud snoring noises.
9.) Max insists upon feeding the cat every morning and every evening. If nuggets fall on the floor, he is careful to replace each one in the bowl.
10.) He gives the best hugs I've ever received in my life (sorry, Scott!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, Max is a wonderful little boy! I love this, Sue.

I'm still laughing about "Fang Gerber".

Rhona said...

Every time I read this it makes me smile, laugh and always wish you were closer. That day is coming. Have a great week.