Monday, May 24, 2010

New Bike

In one week Max has gone from a kid who rode a balance bike by pushing with his feet to a boy zipping around the neighborhood on a two-wheeler with no training wheels. And when I say "zipping," I mean REALLY ZIPPING -- riding off curbs, turning corners, racing his Dad. It's amazing to watch. He suddenly seems like such a big kid and I can see flashes of the daring, independent child he is becoming.

For a couple days we borrowed a bike from Max's friend, Mick, but then we were fortunate enough to come across a real find at the local elementary school's annual flea market fundraiser--a cute little red Trek bike. We paid $15 for the bike only to discover when we "googled" the bike later on that new ones cost anywhere from $170-$300. Score!

Pretty soon Max will be too tall for this bike, but it is perfect for him right now, and I think his little brother is not far behind him in terms of bicycle readiness.

Let the good times roll!


3 comments:

Rhona said...

This is so impressive. (okay, so I'm not very creative-see previous comment on vegies) I can hardly wait to see all of you this weekend. Way to go Max! You have gotten so big, so fast.

Rhona said...

Max, I can't stop looking at these pictures. You look so happy and that makes me happy.

Nicolle Brooks said...

Hurray! What a great bike. Gosh, I think Auntie Nicolle was about 7 before she could ride a bike without training wheels!