Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Baby is Shorn

At 15 months, Henry was long overdue for a haircut, but I kept putting it off because of the hassle and because of various protests. Certain grandmothers who shall remain nameless went nuts every time I even suggested trimming Henry's "sweet baby curls." Yes, the curls were cute, but he was starting to look a little too much like Albert Einstein for my taste (see bath photo below). As such, we made a trip to the optimistically named Happy Cuts this morning and Henry had his first trim. He was a trooper-- sitting in the car chair and watching a Baby Einstein video while eating his first lolly pop (yes, I know I'm a bad mother. He's a second child? What can I say?). The detractors will be happy to know that he maintained a few curls in the back while at the same time achieving an overall neater appearance. I took lots of photos to commemorate this milestone. My baby is growing up!

Last Night in the Bath


Before


During

After (Isn't this place called Happy Cuts???!!!)

Looking Spiffy Back at Home

2 comments:

Rhona said...

What a handsome boy! And he has curls in the back just like me. Yes Henry!

Anonymous said...

Oh, look at handsome Henry!! As cute as ever but definitely looking older. Dodie will be so sad about the baby curls.