Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Literary" References

It warms an English major's heart to see the new way that Max is learning to use language. Out of nowhere, he keeps springing "literary" references on me. For example, when I told him to say good night to his brother, his response was "Good night, Henry, I'll see you in the spring!" Not only was this funny, but it was also a quote from the classic LaLone favorite -- The Fourteen Bears in Summer and Winter. This afternoon, I asked him if he wanted to jump high in the air, and he responded, "Jump high in the air and give a whoop of joy!" This is straight from another classic -- The Velveteen Rabbit. Max loves reading. He always has, and I hope that he always will. Now, if we could just get Henry to enjoy books...

2 comments:

Rhona said...

A brilliant boy to be sure. And don't worry about Henry he will love books too.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's heart warming indeed.