Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crazy

Just a quick story I had to share...

I had just finished nursing Henry and I put him in the exersaucer hoping to run into the kitchen and make myself a sandwich (mom is always the last to eat!). A minute later, I heard Henry yelling, so I raced back into the living room and Max had climbed into the exersaucer WITH HENRY! They were both wedged so tightly in the seat that I could barely get Max out. I consoled Henry, put him on his mat on the floor and put Max in time out. Then, I went back to work on my sandwich. Another second later, Henry was crying again, so I raced back in and found that Max had left timeout and "shaved" Henry's face with the stick part of Scott's razor (but not the blade, thankfully). I put Max back in timeout and went upstairs to put poor Henry to sleep for his nap. When I got back downstairs, Max had climbed to the top of a bookshelf and pulled down the IPhoto album that had recently arrived in the mail. I yelled something along the lines of "No, no, Max! That book is very fragile. You can't look at that by yourself." Max looked at me calmly and said, "Max driving Mama crazy."

Ha! You can say that again! That response certainly stopped me in my tracks. Apparently Max hears and takes in more than I thought he did. Good to know.

I think I'll go work on that sandwich now...

3 comments:

Rhona said...

Sue, it sounds to me like you exchanged Max for some other kid. Bring back the real Max. And yes, there is nothing you can say that he won't repeat. Keep up the great work that you do,this too shall pass (okay Scott, it's your trivia spouting mother again)!

Anonymous said...

Wow - it's amazing what Max picks up! Not only language but Dada's shaving habits...

Stephanie Gerber Wilson said...

Wow Sue! Sounds like quite the afternoon yesterday...all sorts of activity in the Gerber house. I love your posts on the adventures.