Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Fun







I don't have a long post today. I just wanted to express how nice it is to spend a summer's day playing outside with friends. Kids really help you reconnect with the simple pleasures in life. Remember when splashing in a wading pool or riding your tricycle was the best time you could ever imagine having? Max and Amelia live in the moment, and at the age of two, every moment is exciting and full of intensity. It's so easy for adults to get caught up in worrying about the future or mythologizing or regretting the past. Our children teach us just as much as we teach them, and one skill I would love to learn from Max is the ability to fully and unselfconsciously immerse myself in the here and now.


2 comments:

Rhona said...

Matching bikes with Amelia, how cool is that? I also love the helmut. Keep these posts coming, they make me smile. I am counting the days once again until I see you.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that wading pool looks like fun! I love the posts, Sue.