Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cheering the Cardinal to Victory

We took the boys down to Stanford yesterday for their first football game. We had a great time even though the stadium was pretty hot. The boys hung in there for three quarters (a constant supply of snacks helped). Stanford crushed San Jose state and we enjoyed being part of the excitement as Stanford launched what we hope will be their best season ever!

On a separate note, it's always a kick to return to "The Farm", but I felt a little old this time. All of the current students wandering around looked SO YOUNG! I feel as though I just graduated a couple years ago (and running into a guy from my freshman dorm reinforced that feeling), but then I looked around at all the kids masquerading as college students and I realized that it has actually been 14 years since I left. Jeez! Where does the time go?!

Existential crisis aside, however, it was a really fun day and now that the boys are old enough to stick it out, we hope to attend many more games.







1 comment:

Rhona said...

I'm glad you had such a good time.