Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camping at Memorial Park

This summer we've been lucky enough to sneak away on two separate camping trips. The destination last weekend was Memorial Park in San Mateo County. I love this place because it has everything -- redwood trees, a perfect creek for wading, large sites, a general store and flush toilets. Hurray! In fact, I love this campground so much that I got up at midnight a year ago to book the exact sites that I wanted. Some might call me crazy (Scott), but I believe that a little organization goes a long way. A good time was had by all and the three sites we had down a private little cul-de-sac were just perfect (and yes, I already have them booked again for next summer. If you're really nice to me, maybe I'll invite you to join us!).

My three guys


Henry helps with the tent


By the fire


Christy and Camille on dish duty


Scott and his "mini-me"


Jake playing with the gang


Henry and Claire make mud pies


Cute Max


More kids in the mud


Seneca tests the water


Alice


Best Friends


Jen reading to the kids


Baby Ari wants some real food!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I love your pictures, but would like to see the photographer in one once in a while.

Rhona said...

What fun! It looks like everyone had a great time. I agree, a picture of the mom taking the pictures would be a good thing.