Monday, February 1, 2010

Good Day, Bad Day


The Good:

Max pulled my Norton Anthology of English Poetry off of the shelf today and said, "Mommy, would you read this to me?" Music to an English major's ears! He liked William Carlos Williams. Shakespearean sonnets -- not so much. Also, he can now recite, "Tyger, Tyger burning bright/ In the forests of the night." Awesome!

The Bad:

Poor Henry has developed a 103 degree fever and keeps saying, "Mommy, I need you!" in the most desperate tone of voice. The poor little guy just wants me to hold him all of the time. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and the rest of us can avoid the plague...

2 comments:

Rhona said...

Wow! What a brilliant boy that Max is. I knew it.

Poor Henry. Please give him a kiss from Mona Mona.

Dianne said...

Ancient One would be so proud, as is Dodie, of Max's early interest in poetry. I hope both boys are feeling much better soon.